Saturday, April 4, 2009

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Today was a bit disappointing. The weather forecasters were predicting 5-10" of snow and we barely got a 1/2". It's been super windy and miserable outside. Davey sent me a text message saying I didn't have to come in, so I've been doing inside work which makes for a very long day. Daegan is feeling a bit better. He slept in until 10 this morning which I don't think he has ever done. He has the same sleeping habits as I do, with the same internal alarm clock that wakes him up daily. He had a fever of 100.4, but after giving him some Tylenol this morning, it hasn't come back. I miss his joking around when he's sick. He's in the "sick fog" that kids get into. Always hard to see. I remember when my kids were little that I wouldn't mind them being a little sick because they would want to cuddle more with me. That doesn't happen often anymore...

Tomorrow we'll be going to a skating rink for Daegan's birthday. We've had three out of 8 people RSVP, but I'm expecting to see at least two more because people rarely RSVP anymore. I just hope that Daegan is pretty much back to normal by the afternoon! He already had his birthday be a letdown, I'd hate for him to feel icky at his party.

I worry because mom is coming, and I don't want her to get a cold right before her chemo. I think I'll call her this evening to tell her to wear a mask when she's there if she feels like she needs to. The last thing we need is for her to get a cold.

Today is a day that I wish would just be over. I can handle a lot of things, but wind gusts up to 40 miles an hour freak me out. Once in awhile, it sounds like our house just might blow over!! It reminds me of when I lived in Kansas and a huge storm was brewing...usually leading to a tornado warning close after. Here's to a new day!

No comments: