Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lotsa stuff goin' on

We've heard the final decision and I really can't argue with the logic. This will upset our lives for awhile, but I'm so thankful that the consequences weren't worse. He's a very bright kid that made a big mistake...and he does need to know that it just won't go away. He received a phone call from a friend that I let him answer and it upset him that the person wanted to know why he did what he did. He tells me it's none of their business. This is true, but I told him it's not going to go away. People are curious. They want answers, and eventually he'll have to talk about it.

Brian and I are very thankful that a resolution has been made and I am grateful for the prayers.

Today through the end of Saturday we're supposed to have a big storm that is slowly moving through CO. We've been hearing everything from 6 inches to 20...and we will fall somewhere in between. Right now it's raining (thank you God!) and it's supposed to turn to snow around midnight tonight. I so wanted to take a nap today. I worked half a day and on dreary days like this all I can think of is lying down in my warm, soft bed and closing my eyes...but I needed to pick up Daegan from school.

Riordan went on his first field trip today!! He went on the bus for the first time, too. I felt bad that the weather was crappy, but was able to talk to his teacher when picking up Daegan and she said the animals were very active and the kids had a great time. I so wanted a picture of him on the bus!! The boys are off school again tomorrow and of course won't be able to do much of anything due to the snow. It will be a heavy spring snow, so maybe we'll be able to make a family of snowmen or something. I was planning on working tomorrow and Saturday, but with the weather the way it is, not much for us to be able to do. No customers will brave the storm.

I wanted to give an update about Brian's job searching. He's still putting his resume out there, but was told by his current temp employer that they put him in the budget through the 3rd quarter which is the end of September. I have this feeling that they are waiting for after the hiring freeze to hire him back. I don't want to get my hopes up, though. Brian called me today wanting to know if he could apply for a job that says he would be doing 25 to 50% traveling, and I told him he needs to at least apply and see what it entails. I would miss him dearly (we've been very lucky to not have to spend a lot of time apart) but I am anxious for him to get a job, and do not want to limit his options. We have expenses that are coming up, and if the price is right...who knows? We have been so very lucky that his current employer still needs him to be there during the projects that Brian leads.

Lastly, I would like to lift up my friend that is in California that is dealing with some personal issues. I just pray that he finds himself out there, and that he can stay sober to live and love life.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

No idea what's going on (no need for me to know either), but I'm thinking of you guys!!! *hugs* Hope life gets back to "normal" for you all soon.