Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthday

Yeah. It's getting closer. 10 days. I'm not sure how I feel about it at this time. Not really a landmark birthday...a whopping 34. I look in the mirror and see someone who has aged, but don't worry too much about it. I know there are more lines, more gray hairs, but I also know there is wisdom and patience that wasn't there 10 years ago.

I want to celebrate it because I haven't really celebrated since my 30th. Brian threw me a surprise dinner party, and I loved it. I love being in the spotlight, I'll admit it. I've already asked for Saturday off, and have made tentative plans with some friends on the Friday before my birthday. I just want to hang out, drink margaritas and laugh with friends. Girls Night to the extreme. That's what I want.

From my family, I want family pictures and have already told them such. Brian is helping by laying down the law with the boys. This is something they can easily do for me, and something that I want. Oh, how I remember the days where as soon as the camera was out, they would instantly smile and say, "Cheese!!"

I would love to be able to spend time with my hubby. We have talked about going somewhere for two years now, but with his job situation, it's better to stick around.

What have I learned this past year? Things change, so quickly. My sons are growing at amazing speeds and this year will be rough because I won't have the one-on-one time with Riordan anymore. Starting this fall he will be going to school full time. Corrin is rapidly getting bigger than me, and he is thriving in that knowledge. He asked me the other day, "Why are you so short, mom?" *snicker* Daegan is at that ackward age where he wants to be so much older than he really is. Makes comments about what he needs to do to be "popular". I'm not sure I even cared at 8 years old!

I've learned that time is precious, friends are important, and family is everything. A year older. So much more to learn! BRING IT ON!

1 comment:

Cari said...

You are reaching your peak. You are beautiful in every way ; )