Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Third time's the charm...or is it?

There's a running joke with families with multiple kids how different you treat the first kid compared to the last one. Pacifier falls on the floor with the first one? You hurriedly rush to wash it off with boiling water and soap. By the third one, you pick it up, dust it off, and stick it back in their mouth. I thought by now, I would be done with most of the differences since the boys are out of babyhood, but I've realized today that it'll probably happen througout their lives. However, it's going the opposite way than what I thought it would.

Riordan has a very loose tooth. He is BEGGING me to pull it. The other boys have had loose teeth and I've pulled them out without thinking twice. I can't seem to get myself to do it with Riordan. I'm afraid I'm going to hurt him. My baby. I'll make him bleed. How do I know it's REALLY ready to come out? That tooth is so freaking SMALL.

I think I'll ask Brian to take care of it. I can't seem to do anything but look at it, move it, and say, "not quite ready!" How fitting...

No comments: