Saturday, July 4, 2009

Finally have something to say...

A lot has been going on and I just haven't had much time to write. I will attempt to give an update with only having one cup of coffee in my system. Be patient, this might be rough.

First off, I've had to do a lot of soul searching the past few weeks. I wasn't lying in my last post about not saying anything when you didn't have anything good to say. I realize that it is so easy to judge others when you finally have your stuff together (or at least hope that you do), but it still doesn't make it right to judge. I think as Christians we fall back on the responsiblity of saying and doing the right thing, but we also are supposed to love one another and help each other out when we are able. I know I'm being cryptic, but let's say that after several weeks of turmoil, I'm starting to be at peace, which is good. Still not ready to talk about everything, but I'm okay with that, too.

Secondly, this past week has been filled with great news! On Wednesday, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law found out the sexes of their twins. Two girls!! I cannot tell you how happy I am for them, and for the rest of the family. With four grandsons on the Lollar side, it was about time someone had a girl...and now we have two coming...probably in September. Congratulations Phill and Angela! They will steal your heart in every possible way!

Later in the week, I received a phone call from my mom. She had her results of the latest CA125 come back...it's at 7. This is the only way right now to keep track of the cancer activity, and this number is way lower than we could have ever expected! Mom was so happy, I could hear the joy tumbling out over the phone. Hard to contain yourself when you get the news that the gruelling chemo worked. We have a lot of questions for the cancer center but they aren't open until Monday because of the Holiday weekend. The biggest question of all? Because the numbers went down so drastically, does this mean she is receiving Avastin treatments? What else could cause the numbers to go down??? Whatever the reason, we are ecstatic.

My mother was telling me that on Wednesday, when she went in for her latest Avastin treatment, there was a woman in her 30's that was receiving chemo. It came out that she had Stage 4 breast cancer. My mother told her that she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Ovarian, and was now in remission. This woman immediately started to cry...filled with hope that there was a chance to kill the cancer!! My mother gave her a hug and told her to NOT GIVE UP!! There was a reason my mother was sitting in that chair, doing her treatment that day. She was there to give that woman hope at that particular moment. I believe that. How powerful it was for my mom to be able to deliver good news to that woman. To offer her story and to offer that shred of light at the end of the tunnel. I do not know how long my mom will be in remission, but if she made it through this to offer her kind words and encouragement to other women...then she should be around for a looooong time. Those that know my mother, know she isn't afraid to talk. To anyone.

Lastly, I received great news that my best friend is now in the double digits of his tour in Iraq. He will be coming home and starting his life again with the woman he loves. I am so very, very happy that the countdown is coming to a close. How I have missed him!!!

Three things to be grateful for today, as we celebrate our Independence.

Life, hope and friendship.

Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather. Hope everything works out with you. Your Mom gives me hope too ~ my Aunt was diagnosed in Feb with Stage Four Ovarian cancer. She is undergoing chemotherapy right now and it's horrible. Sometimes she feels like stopping. I'm going to tell her about your Mom. Also, I haven't ever noticed mildew on my filipendula plants. They seem to be pretty carefree. I have them planted in full sun tho?

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
It's just us said...

LOVE ALL THE WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! Keep it coming

WonderousWomanRetreat said...

Dear Heather,

Consider to join us for A Wonderous Woman Retreat
on August 13,14,and 15

The Wonderous Woman retreat program leads and encourages every woman to connect to all facets of her purpose and value. Our approach is to create experiential retreats in beautiful venues where you can connect to your mind, body and spirit.

It's easy to take care of everyone else in our lives, but we tend to forget about ourselves.