Sunday, November 23, 2008

I should be cleaning

This past week has been a busy one. It's always crazy this time of year, I'm not sure why I'm even surprised. Yesterday, we went over to our best friends house. It was so good to see him. There were about 20 people that came over, to celebrate an early Thanksgiving with him before he heads out to Iraq. It's amazing to see how this one person has affected so many people. The love in the house was staggering. I know that I felt blessed to have one more day with him before he left. The kids...they're having a hard time with knowing he'll be gone for so long. Daegan especially. After everyone left, Gus took the kids downstairs to lift weights. Listening to it from upstairs left a smile on my face. Taking the time for that one last activity is SO Gus. We then watched Ren and Stimpy and then came home.

I talked to mom yesterday. She's still feeling the effects of the infection that she got. The other day dad had to drain the infection. It took him 45 minutes to get it all out. She's wanting to get out of the house, but gets so tired after a little time on her feet. She loves to go Christmas shopping, and was brought to tears with the idea she wouldn't be able to do it this year. I told her that she now will be like MOST people and wait until the last minute, and then do power shopping for two days. I told Brian that I'd like to spend the night and do a two-day shopping with her. The problem is, we don't know when she'll get her strength back, and so making plans is difficult.

Something I didn't write...Brian was hired back on as a contractor for the previous company that he worked for. We don't know how long the job will last...it could be 3months, it could be 6...but at least he's working through the Holiday's. This is one reason I haven't had the time to blog. The irony is great that he was hired back by the same company that just let him go. We are very thankful for the opportunity. This still allows him some time to search for another job, and it does great things for his self esteem. I miss him greatly, though. It was nice to have him home during his three week hiatus.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving. There are many, many things to be thankful for.

No comments: