Sunday, April 10, 2011

Realization

Truth smacks me in the face sometimes. I find that type works well with me. As Brian is getting more time off, I feel a need to spend time with my family more and more. I feel as if the time the boys will want anything to do with us is becoming limited and we need to grab onto the time we do have them. This is partly the reason I was hesitant to work more hours because when I am home, I am pretty exhausted. So, the idea is, with the trailer in tow, we will get away from the daily distractions. People tell you the time you have with them is short. I have stayed at home and felt like I have seen everything. However, even though they are self reliant and don't need me as much, they still have a lot of growing to do.

Which brings me to my realization. I spend too much time on my phone. My kid straight up had told me that and I ignored it. He told me he needed to talk to me and to get off my phone. Bam! This half listening thing has got to stop. So, rules for me are...phone goes in my purse for at least three hours. No checking it even if I hear the telltale sign of texts. No going to my favorite forum for awhile. Just spend the time with them. I am working four days a week which makes my weekend truly short. I want to give that time to them. I am trying this out!! Hopefully I will stick with it!

No comments: