Monday, April 11, 2011

Patience, young jedi

Death of plants is no more. What a difference a week or two makes! I only had one plant in the back croak (delphinium ) and one in the front not making it. Year four on my Furman's red sage, and year three with my Vermilion Bluff sage. Both are iffy out here, but I am very happy with my results. I still have been mulching heavily in the winter, and cutting down in the spring. Also, my chocolate flower is showing life from the ground up! So excited as it is a very neat perennial. Tomorrow I will be dividing and conquering before the plants get too big. This also will allow enough time for the roots to really take hold before the heat comes. Lisa and I were looking at perennials, shrubs and such to order and I got very excited thinking about planting my herbs this year. Cilantro, thyme, Basil, oregano, dill. Mmmmm. Cannot wait! Is it Mother's Day yet? Is there something you can't wait to plant this year?

No comments: