Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

Yesterday, Brian and I spent half the day driving around looking for half wine barrels so I could plant my raspberry bush in it. A few years ago, you could find these everywhere, but we just couldn't fine them!! We ended up driving to Denver to visit Paulino Gardens and finally found one. It's been a few years since I've been to Paulino's. Great place to stroll, but can we say holy expensive Batman! I had just told Brian I wouldn't spend more than 50 bucks on it, and we saw one for $60. I caved and then we went to the register and it was $41 and then tax. Yay! It's a nice, big one that will allow the raspberry to acheive a good size, but won't take over my garden. Have you ever grown raspberries? Yeah, it's a weed out here. I've never tried growing them in a container, and not sure how it will work. The hard part is keeping it alive until next year so I actually see a crop of raspberries! (It takes year two to yield any fruit)

We then spent the latter half of the day working on the sprinkler system so all of my newly planted shrubs and perennials wouldn't bite the dust. It was a lot of work for Brian, but it sure helps in the long run. I was iffy about how much water my shrubs took, so we might have to tweak the water usage a bit later in the season.

I still haven't found a spot for the clematis. The particular kind I got likes more shade and I just don't have a lot of shade. So...I might take it back and exchange it for a little hardier of a vine. I am in love with all clematis, I don't think it will be hard to find one that I like.

I had a couple stop by and look at my gardens. They live a couple of streets down and the white iris caught their eye. It almost glows in the dark!! They recognized me from Picadilly, and I told them my yard should have a sign that says, "Provided by Picadilly". lol. I got a side job looking at their yard and telling her what she has growing. They just moved into their house a year ago, and she's not sure what is a weed and what is a flower at this point. I think there should be a business that allows people to come to clients' houses just to tell them what they currently have growing. Hmmmm.

This is the last week of school for the boys. I'm going to Riordan's kindergarten graduation ceremony on Wednesday. He is so excited to be going to first grade next year. Corrin will be starting high school. It boggles my brain!!

I hope you all had a great weekend. What did you do?

No comments: