Monday, March 30, 2009

Expectations

I'm wondering if I need too much from people. I've always told my loved ones that as long as you're honest with me, we'll get along just fine. I've got a quick temper, I'll be the first one to admit it, but if you tell me the truth, I will forgive you a lot faster than if you lie to me.

I know people make mistakes. I, myself, make plenty of them. I'm a forgiving person and will love you until the day I die, and will protect you from those that might try to hurt you. Just...don't screw with me or my emotions, okay?

I've been told by numerous people that I can be intimidating, and I don't mean to be. I'm just who I am. I'm also told that people can always be straight with me because I don't flip out and offer good advice, and will keep secrets if they need to be kept.

As I raise my boys, the thing that I reiterate is telling the truth. Brian also pushes this point. It might get you into trouble, but the trust of a person is more important than anything else.

This weekend has been a hard one for me.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds like a great way to be. I have a very similar outlook...and we're trying to teach the kids that we'll be MUCH angrier if they lie to us. So far, it's not sinking in...I'm hoping that's just due to age!!

Sorry that it's been a rough weekend for you though :(