Friday, March 20, 2009

Colors of spring

Just a few pictures of some early blooming plants. With the 70 degree days, a lot of things are blooming a month earlier than the norm. It's been interesting to watch. Here is my first ever attempt to grow from seed. I have purple zinnias, The Denver Daisy, Alyssum "Basket of Gold", cucumbers, peppers, "Bright Lights" Cosmos and a vine that I had never heard of. Day 5, and half the seeds of started to germinate. All in all, a very nice first attempt!
Creeping phlox. In about two weeks, all you'll see is pink!!
Daffodils. I was so surprised to look out and see these blooming. Last year, they bloomed the begininning of April, so these are definitely almost a month early.
I believe this is a type of Veronica. I bought them to fill in the gaps of my pavestones, and know that it can handle a lot of foot traffic.
Ahhhhh, the forsythia. I've been wanting one of these for years, and finally had a place to plant it. It was my first purchase of 2009.
It's small now, but it can get up to 10 feet high and 4-6 feet wide. I won't let it take over that much, though.
There is nothing quite like these blooms, in my opinion.

Happy first day of Spring!!

No comments: