Sunday, July 5, 2009

No chemicals in MY garden...


Even though I work at a nursery, and have a million and one things to choose from to kill those pesty aphids, I try to be patient and wait for Mother Nature to send out the superwoman bugs to kill them naturally. My aspens were FULL of aphids later this spring. I kept trying to wash them off with the hose, but they held on. Last week, I noticed a lot of orange/red from my garden...with a very slight buzzing sound as little wings flew...




Never Hurt a Ladybug!

Ladybugs are in my yard
Just look at them devour
Those pesky aphids on the leaves
Of all my pretty flowers!

Never hurt a ladybug
We need them in the garden
Ladybugs help flowers grow
So we must give them pardon!

~Author Unknown~


Did you know that there are 5,000 types of ladybugs worldwide...and 400 types live in North America alone? So, the chances of you having ladybugs in your garden are GOOD!

No comments: