Monday, July 6, 2009

Bloomin Tuesday!



Yay! I haven't been able to post some pictures because I work on Tuesday's...but have planned ahead this week and am posting a tad bit early. Lots of things are blooming around here! Make sure you check out Jean's site to enjoy everyone's flowers that are blooming! Thanks, Jean!!


Here is my first arrangement made from flowers from my garden. It brings me great peace!


Asiatic lillies that were SUPPOSED to be Stargazer. Um, they didn't turn out that way, but they are lovely anyways.


'Cambridge Scarlet' Monarda...my absolute favorite flower. The first bloom was July 4th, and it reminds me so much of fireworks. How fitting!


One of the tall Daylillies given to me by a coworker.


Prairie Mallow


'Crazy Daisy' Shasta Daisy


Echinacea purpurea 'Magnus'


Campanula garganica 'Dickson's Gold'


Giant delphinium...first year


'Furman's Red' Sage and more echinacea


Purple fountain grass. Unfortunately, it's only an annual out here in CO.


This, I believe, is 'Paprika' Yarrow, but I'm not absolutely sure that's correct.


Purple larkspur


A shot of some of my garden! :)

11 comments:

kesslerdee said...

You have some really lovely flowers blooming! Glad you could join Bloomin Tuesday!

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie and Chris said...

Wow! You have a lot blooming this week. Great pictures!!

Jean said...

Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday! I always try to have the post up about 10 Mon. night if that helps you any. You can always post early and send me an e-mail and I'll add you to the linky. I love your bouquet from your garden. Seeing all those blooms really gives a feeling of satisfaction. Beautiful blooms and photos. Jean

Susan said...

Heather your flowers are spectacular...

Sue said...

That's what I love best about this time of year. . . making our own flower arrangements from our own flowers. Awesome garden.

~~Rhonda said...

Heather, I love the blues in your garden. All your flowers are lovely. And your 'Paprika' looks like mine, if that helps any. :) ~~Rhonda
I apologize for leaving my url in the comment, but I don't see any other options on your comment form. christmasnotebook.com

Connie said...

Gorgeous flowers. How do you get yarrow blooming upright and perky like that? When we grow yarrow it gets lanky and droops at the drop of a hat.

Thanks for stopping by my Bloomin' Tuesday blog - had to tell you though, I didn't pick up that ooky bug - yuck. My dd did. She's much braver than I!!

Suzanne said...

I've loved looking at your pictures. That last shot is my favorite. Such a beautiful mix of flowers and colors! It's nice to see and get ideas from a Colorado expert!

Drift said...

you capture them beautifully...

Kathleen said...

Hi Heather! Your garden looks great. Hope you're having a good vacation too. Can you believe I've never been to Aspen?! Craziness. I usually get deep root iron treatments for my Bur Oak and Aspen each year. I wish I'd started it sooner as I noticed when one of my nicer Aspen was affected a lot. To answer your question about Agastache 'tutti frutti' ~ I planted it last summer and it overwintered fine (but of course we had such a mild winter last year). I do mulch really well so maybe that helps too?? The clump is substantially larger this season so I think it's happy. Also I bought my 'Red Caroline' Delphinum at Lowes (last year)if that helps. Looks like your son had a fun birthday.