Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine flu? Not exactly.

I sometimes forget that I do have asthma. It doesn't act up a lot; maybe once a year, and usually a couple of days using an inhaler takes care of it. Not the case this past cold. I have been miserable and finally went to the doctor. Evidently, my lungs sound terrible and he prescribed me on a steroid for four days along with an antibiotic. So..THIS is how my kids feel when they have an asthma attack?!? NO THANK YOU!! I'm miserable and sore from coughing. I can't wait until the light at the end of the tunnel.

My biggest concern, as always, is to be able to spend time with my mom on Sunday since she did her last chemo today. I would not have been able to do this if I was coughing all over the place. I so hope I will be well by then!

The doctor did ask if I had been to Mexico recently....awesome. Nothing like the fear of swine flu in your brain.

The weather was beautiful today, but I spent all of my time working on stuff for my father-in-law. I'll be working at Picadilly tomorrow. The weekend is full of cloudy days again. Perfect to plant some more things. ;) I have new pics of my latest tulips that have bloomed. I'll post them tomorrow, probably. This is the first year that I have tulips blooming along with my iris! Too cool!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Nice. I suppose your doc HAD to ask...yikes!

Hope you're feeling well enough to see your mom. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

And out here, we have a Picadilly Pub...so every time I read that I get incredibly jealous cuz I want a Clam Chowder bread bowl LOL (And then I remember that this isn't what you mean ;) )